I like to put the ingredients on the counter, print out the recipe, and let my kids make this soup by themselves. They are more likely to eat this economical and healthy soup if they have made it themselves.
1 celery stalk
8 cups water
1/2 cup barley
1 Tbsp. parve chicken soup powder
2 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Wash and cut vegetables into large chunks.
2. Place vegetables and water in a 3-quart pot. Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a boil.
3. Add barley, soup mix, salt and pepper.
4. Cover partially. Turn heat down to low. Cook for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender enough to be mashed.
5. Remove soup from heat. Use an immersion blend to puree the soup to the desire consistency.