You've just finished the 25-hour Yom Kippur fast, and your body is begging for something sweet and easy-to-digest. This Blueberry-topped Sweet Noodle Kugel recipe, courtesy of Susan Tanur, is the perfect Yom Kippur Break Fast dish.
16 oz. (500 gm.) wide egg noodles
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
16 oz. (500 gm.) fat free cottage cheese
1 large can blueberry pie filling
1. Boil noodles in a large pot according to the directions on the package.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add butter and stir until it melts.
3. Add beaten eggs, sugar, and cottage cheese. Stir. Do a taste test to see if you want to add more sugar. Do a visual test to see if more cottage cheese or another egg or two is needed so that the mix is moist/creamy, not dry.
4. Place in a large, greased casserole dish.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Cover top of kugel with blueberry pie filling and bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before serving (pie filling is too hot to serve immediately).