1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Cover a medium baking pan with parchment paper, and reserve.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil and add the onions, carrots, celery, red pepper and parsley. Saute for 7-8 minutes.
4. Add the garlic powder, cumin and soy sauce, mix all together and saute another 30 seconds.
5. Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the tahini, and process until mashed. (You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times).
6. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables in the skillet with the chickpea mixture, and adjust seasoning.
7. Form patties (2 1/2 inches in diameter). Place on the baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes on one side, turn them over, and bake 10-12 minutes on the other side.YIELDS:
10 patties HELPFUL HINT:
These patties can be frozen in individual portions.SOURCE: Nutrilicious
" target="_blank">http://kosherfood.about.com/od/koshercookbooks/gr/bk_nutrilicious.htm">Nutrilicious by Edith Rothschild (Feldheim Publishers, May 2007).