If you take 10 minutes on Friday morning to put vegetables, chicken and spices into a Crockpot, then you will come home from work on Friday afternoon to a delicious dinner. Just prepare a green salad and brown rice to complete the Friday night meal.
1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
1 large onion, sliced
3-4 carrots, sliced into circles
3-4 celery stalks, sliced
4 Tablespoons oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
2. Put sliced onion, carrots and celery at the bottom of the Crockpot.
3. In a small bowl, mix the oil, parsley and spices together. Rub on the chicken. Place the chicken in the Crockpot on top of the vegetables.
4. Pour the wine on top of the chicken and vegetables.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until everything is tender.
Serving Suggestions: Remove the chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon to a serving platter. Make a gravy by adding 3 Tablespoons of flour or 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch to the juices remaining in the Crockpot. Heat on high for 5-10 minutes or until gravy has thickened.