1. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Pat beef very dry with paper towels so the beef will brown, not steam. Brown beef on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Add mushrooms, onions and carrots, scraping down down the brown bits from the pan, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle in flour, stir to mix and coat veggies.
6. Add broth, wine, pepper, and thyme; return beef to the pan along with any accumulated juices.
7. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. While beef is stewing, prepare noodles according to package instructions. Drain and place in a serving bowl.9. Spoon stew over noodles and serve with salad.SOURCE: Quick and Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing, by Jamie Geller. Recipe reprinted with permission from Feldheim Publishers.