This Sour Cream Coffee Cake is one of my mother-in-law's many specialties. And I'm not just saying that to score points! This sweet, moist cake is layered with a chocolate, brown sugar and cinnamon crunch.
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cups, 150 grams), room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray bundt pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift dry ingredients together.
4. Alternate adding dry ingredients and sour cream to the cake batter.
5. In a separate bowl, mix topping ingredients (chocolate chips, brown sugar, cinnamon).
6. Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping into the bundt pan.
7. Spread 1/2 batter into bundt pan, add 1/2 of the topping, and then add remaining batter.
8. Sprinkle rest of topping mixture on top of the batter.
9. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.