1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Spray 9-inch pie plate with non-stick spray.
3. Cream the margarine, vanilla and egg yolks until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and shape into a ball. If dry, add a few tablespoons of water.
4. With floured rolling pin, roll out the dough. Fit into pie plate, including a wall up the sides of the pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust is golden.
6. In a small pot, melt margarine. Add apples, sugar and cinnamon. Cover and cook on medium heat. Heat until apples are softened, but not mushy. Pour apples (discarding liquids) into baked pie crust.
7. Spread meringue over apples, bringing it over the pie crust edges.
8. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for about 20-30 minutes, until the meringue is golden.
* VARIATION: Use a ready made pie crust instead of making your own.