This Fruit Compote, contributed by Susan Portman, is easy to make and aesthetic to serve at the end of a festive Sabbath or holiday meal. My 9-year-old son prefers this compote to chocolate cake.
3 ripe nectarines
3 ripe peaches
3 ripe plums
3 whole cloves
1/4-1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Cut fruit into small sections.
2. Place fruit in a sauce pan with cloves, apple juice, sugar and cinnamon.
3. Cook on medium-low heat until tender.
1. If too sweet, squeeze a little fresh lemon into compote.
2. If liquid evaporates before fruit is tender, add more apple juice a little at a time.
Be the first to review this listing!
You are here:
Kosher Dessert Recipes
Forgot your username?
Forgot your password?