What better ending to a kosher Chinese meal than fried bananas. Just dip the banana pieces in a pancake-like batter and fry in hot oil. Serve the fried bananas in a sweet syrup or ice cream for a unique and tasty dessert.
2 firm bananas (the peel can even be a bit green)
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1. Cut bananas in half lengthwise, and then split in half down the middle.
2. Mix the flour and cornstarch together. Add just enough water to make a very thick, pancake-like batter.
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep fryer until very hot.
4. Using a fork or tongs, dip a banana slice in the batter, and make sure it well covered on all sides. Gently put the batter-covered banana slice in the hot oil. Fry for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
6. Serve the fried banana with hot maple syrup or with cold ice cream (parve ice cream if your dinner has meat).