This Purim Hamantashen is easy-to-make and, according to the clients of "Catering by Paula Weinstein", delicious.
1/2 cup oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
3 cups flour
assorted fruit fillings (cherry, raspberry, poppy, prune or apricot)
1. Mix all ingredients together in electric mixer.
2. Roll to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into circles using a round cutter or the top of a glass/cup).
3. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons filling in the center of each circle of dough.
4. Pull up sides and pinch three corners together to form a triangular cookie with filling showing.
5. Bake on greased cookie sheets for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
This recipe makes approximately 36 hamantashen.
Our Customers' Favorites
, by Paula Weinstein and Julie Remer (Columbus, Ohio). Recipe reprinted with permission.
Be the first to review this listing!
You are here:
Jewish Holiday Cooking
Forgot your username?
Forgot your password?